30 Day Spiritual Exercises Summer 2021
30-day Spiritual Exercises retreat - St. Ignatius’ prepared the Spiritual Exercises as a 30-day intensive retreat. The Exercises can be helpful for someone making a decision – whether it is a vocational choice, a decision regarding one’s current way of life, or pertaining to a period of transition. It is also an excellent experience for anyone in a time of renewal or sabbatical, or for anyone who desires to deepen their relationship with God.
○ The retreat experience begins with three days of preparation and concludes with two days of appropriation. That makes the retreat a total of 35 days. During the retreat itself, the retreatant prays four or five times a day, sees a spiritual director once a day, and participates in daily Eucharist. An atmosphere of prayerful silence pervades the property and the hearts of the retreatants.
○ Normally, retreatants will have made at least one silent, directed retreat (8-Days or 19th annotation) before embarking on the 30-Day; it is also expected that they will have already engaged in ongoing spiritual direction.
○ In addition to filling out an application form, those wishing to apply will be asked to supply a statement from their spiritual director detailing both the duration of spiritual direction and their readiness for the retreat; two letters of recommendation from those active in the faith who know the retreatant well, and a headshot to be used in the retreat welcome package.
○ Please note that no action can be taken on any application until these materials are received, along with a $500 deposit required to reserve a space. Once an application is approved, the remaining $2,300 balance will be upon arrival.
○ Fee $2800
○ $500 deposit due with completed application
Date: June 25 to July 29, 2021
Time: Starting at 4:00pm
Application: No later than May 31, 2021
Please click HERE to register online, or call St. Raphaela Center at 610.642.5715.
Encounters with Jesus: A Contemplative Prayer Series
Date: Mar 9, 2021 - 6:00pm to 7:30pm
Lenten Day of Prayer: Transform Our Hearts: The Challenge of the Lenten Gospels
Date: Mar 16, 2021 - 9:00am to 3:00pm